Tuesday, June 30, 2009

There are Vitamins and then there are vitamins

When I was younger I thought the mere act of buying a vitamin and taking it home was a major health step. Later I even swallowed some of them.

As I got older I met people in and out of the Health and what would become the Wellness Business (and I mean business). Among these people I met some researches and doctors who studied the effects of vitamins on the body - and on the sewage system I might add. (dont forget 40 years ago maybe less doctors had very little 'medical' knowledge about vitamins.
'Minerals?? - you mean dirt??'

One researcher from Canada Health had a great lecture where he showed store-bought vitamins in a jar. looked OK to me. Yes he said - but these are 'used' they have been through the body. (I had a picture, we all did - how did he get these 'used' vitamins?). THus the concern with the sewage syatem and all these used/unsed vitamins decaying there. (think estrogen and fish)

The 'coating' was such (quite often sugar and starch) that the body couldn't break it down - and they went in and out - the same.

Then I saw a study of how much vitamin c was left in a tablet after its packaging and shelving and storing and then you getting it home. And what was left may have trace Vitamin C , but could the body absorb it?

I asked a Doctor of nutrition - what was the best then. He said he didn't know if there was a best - but he recommenced I study what Nutrilite did and then compare against the rest.

I am not a scientsist - so I dont know either -but Nutrilite is worth using as a comparison. It seems to have right policy - idea.

Create your 'food' from plants that grow in farms you own and control. Harvest as little or as much as is ready - control the soil, control the harvesting, control the concentration, control the packaging and control the delivery system to the market. And make 'the vitmain' as much like food as possible as the body is designed to absorb food - not tablets.

Then make the 'vitamin or mineral' as 'whole' as possible, bundle in all the unintended bits and pieces found in nature to keep the process'organic'. That is a whole food vitamin.

I am sure on a small scale there are other companies that do what Nutrilite does, but I am amazed and their scale and dedication -not to sales but to quality of the whole

website - Nutrilite

No comments:

Post a Comment